• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Munich and Vienna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teebs

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
54
I visit Munich at least once a year and I generally stay in the Hbf area. The station itself and immediately next to it can feel a bit dodgy with homeless people etc. However, I've never had any problems staying in hotels within 5-10 minutes walk of it (generally to the south). The area can be quite red light districty and isn't particularly prosperous, but I didn't feel in any danger or uncomfortable. This year I stayed in the Hotel Mirabell, which was perfectly decent.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wolfie

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2010
Messages
7,436
Yes, or Frankfurt Flughafen - assumingvthings are running OK..

I'd consider doing different routes out and back for variety, so you could come back via Mannheim and the Rhine Valley.

Second the Nussdorf walk - downhill!
Re Nussdorf - wimp lol.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top