• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mont Blanc Express to Martigny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

45669

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Messages
1,081
Location
Farnborough.
Evening All,

Part Two of my 1998 trip on the Mont Blanc Express is now on YouTube. It covers the journey down to the Rhône Valley to Martigny:


(Part One is here if you missed it:
)

TTFN,

Ron.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

45669

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Messages
1,081
Location
Farnborough.
Here's the third and final part on my 1998 video; it covers the journey from Martigny to Chamonix:


TTFN,

Ron.
 

45669

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Messages
1,081
Location
Farnborough.
I've just put a short two minute video on YouTube that I shot at Le Châtelard if anyone would like to have a look (and apologies in advance for the mis-spelling of Valais! Once I've hit save I can't go back and amend any errors.)


TTFN,

Ron.
 

londontransit

Member
Joined
26 May 2021
Messages
214
Location
London
Nice videos thanks! The first two were excellent. Great videos of France's/Switzerland's one and only third rail operated metre gauge rack line - especially as its 30 years since I last experienced the Martigny - Chatelard!
 

45669

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Messages
1,081
Location
Farnborough.
Nice videos thanks! The first two were excellent. Great videos of France's/Switzerland's one and only third rail operated metre gauge rack line - especially as its 30 years since I last experienced the Martigny - Chatelard!

It sounds as if you're overdue another visit - as am I. But next time, I shall have a modern day digital camera...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top