• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Missing springer spaniel (near Swanley)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogmissing

New Member
Joined
3 Nov 2013
Messages
2
Hi all,

My dog went missing lastnight and was seen running up tracks from Swanley to St mary cray. Signalling was informed and rail workers tried to catch him. We are absolutely desperate to find him. Went missing lastnight at around 7.30 to 8pm. Please share and if anyone hears anything please let me know!!! He is old, skinny, white and Dark brown by the name of Archie!! He is a very loved dog and had to put one of our dogs down last week due to poor health so u can only imagine our desperation to find him.

Many Thanks
Becky
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
7,400
Location
Between the parallel lines
I'm sorry to hear that. I have a number of friends in the area. It's unlikely they'll see anything, I'm afraid, but I'll let you know if they mention your dog.

If you do see him on the line, don't attempt to go on there. I know that may sound really very silly and patronising to you (apologies if so), and it is obvious advice to read somewhere like a rail forum, but you'd be surprised how some desperate pet owners react when their animal is in trouble. Go to the nearest manned station or call 08457 11 41 41 (Network Rail). And again, not wishing to sound patronising with this, either, but well done for leaving it to the rail workers last night to try to catch him. The worst thing you can do is run the risk of being a casualty.
 
Last edited:

dogmissing

New Member
Joined
3 Nov 2013
Messages
2
Hi,

Luckily we found him! Safe and well! We walked over the fields next to st Mary cray station and luckily he was there stuck behind a fence barrackaded by brambles!!! Was almost a miracle finding him!! Took 21 hours of searching!!
So happy ending all round x
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
That's great news Becky, I'm very pleased you found Archie, though I bet he's even more pleased!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top