• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maynooth - suggestions for a day trip? (NOT DUBLIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartmoss

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2010
Messages
1,048
Location
Leeds
Hi All,

I've got a full day spare this coming Sunday, I'll be staying in Maynooth near the railway station, and wondered what might be a good option for a day out from there? I'm with the Mrs, so train journeys less than 90 mins preferable or I get ear ache!

Cheers in advance!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Joined
18 May 2012
Messages
27,357
Location
Bolton
If we're going to exclude the obvious, surely it has to be Sligo? It's a 2 and a half hour journey though. Is there anything to do in Longford or Mullingar?
 
Last edited:

paddington

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2013
Messages
964
Is passing through Dublin allowed? I had a good time Bray and Graystones last summer (you can walk along the coast from one to the other if you enjoy that sort of thing)
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Without wishing to sound deliberately negative, take a book if you head up towards Sligo, for almost its entirety it is one of the most unremarkable railway lines I have ever done.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top