as I already mentioned because people have too much pride in animals than they do in people. Im even seeing Jack Shepherd off Corrie getting death threats over his recent joke and tweet in which he apologised for, he even faces the sack.
People have issued death threats against people for things they have done to other people as well . Look at the Murderers of James Bulger , they have had to be given completely new identities because the death threats against them where so serious .
I have no doubt that enraged people made death threats against Dale Cregan for his murder of two police officers just doing their job .
People making Death threats against Jack Shepherd doesn't prove your point that people treat animals as superior . If he does face the sack over it he wont be the first person to be dismissed for his social media conduct . And even though he is only a minor celebrity to make such foolish comments/Joke after the public outcry following this case . Do you think ITV wouldn't have considered sacking him had he made a sick joke following Dale Cregans killing of two police officers ? If anything he would have been sacked quicker in that case .
I donated because I want the strays to have a new home as fast as possible and for everyone to get back on their own two feet. You and dannypye9999 and others don't understand that and that's fine. Just don't browbeat on here that's is a matter of fact with statistics and numbers that are impertinent within the context of this particular situation.
I completely agree . If you dont like Dogs , think that the dogs home is a useless charity and the people volunteering there could better spend their time and money fair enough , you are entitled to that opinion .And you are entitled to not donate . But I think it is wrong to go out and tell people they are wrong for their choice of charity and I wont have people telling me I have got my priorities wrong just because on this occasion I decided the crisis at Manchester dogs home was worthy of my money .
You could rip into a number of charities and say for example I dont see why people think homeless people are superior to children or why are people living in poverty overseas far more important than people suffering from cancer in the UK .
The point is as I have said before , people work for and give money to different charities for vastly different reasons . And to judge people or try and draw inferences because of the charity they choose to give to is IMO wrong . I regularly donate to Cancer Research . That does not mean that I think that cancer patients are more important than children who are homeless or who are victims of abuse . It just means that from experiences in my own life that is a charity that is close to my heart and a charity who I want to help .If I see someone collecting in the street for a charity that is associated with children etc I will donate any change that I have at that moment because I recognise the charity does good work . I dont go out and tell people that donate to other charities that they are wrong and should only donate to Cancer Research