gareth taylor
Member
I looked NRE and cant find a 7 day ticket between MAN and EUS. Only 1 month +.
Any help in finding this ticket is grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Any help in finding this ticket is grateful.
Thanks in advance.
I looked NRE and cant find a 7 day ticket between MAN and EUS. Only 1 month +.
Any help in finding this ticket is grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Why is a 7 day season not offered? that seems pretty bizarre!
NRE
Season Tickets are available for most short and medium distance journeys on the National Rail network. Season Tickets are not generally available for long distance journeys, but maybe available where a train company chooses to offer them.For very long journeys, an All Line Rail Rover Ticket can work out a lot cheaper than buying individual tickets, and gives the added bonus of Unlimited Travel ANYWHERE on the National Rail Network. They are available for periods of 7 or 14 days - more information can be found on our Special Offers page.
If one existed, a season would be £283.90
I can't remember how it works, is there any benefit from buying a monthly, then after a week converting it into something shorter (like Manchester - Stockport)? Is that even possible?...
Yes, I've now found some that aren't 40 * weekly for an annual, my mistake.Long distance season tickets have an actual rate and a market rate. £283.90 is the 'market rate' for a weekly ticket between Manchester and London. If a weekly did exist it would be priced at a higher 'Actual rate'.
Yes, I've now found some that aren't 40 * weekly for an annual, my mistake.
The discussion I linked to said that (at least in some cases) when you changeover what is left of a season to a shorter ticket, then you may get a pro-rata refund of the difference, also with no admin fee. So, you would end up paying for 1/4 of a Manchester to London Monthly, and 3/4 of a Manchester to Stockport Monthly - which would be a lot less than 5*SORs.
It is mostly academic anyway, I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to take that risk.