• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maintained by Nottingham Eastcroft

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2018
Messages
7,497
Location
Northern England
I was on some EMR trains today which have stickers at the carriage ends saying "Train maintained by Nottingham Eastcroft" with a logo

Does anyone know what the origin of these is? Just some staff at Eastcroft taking pride in their work and wanting to tell passengers (well, the few who read the stickers) about it? Or is there some other reason?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,851
I was on some EMR trains today which have stickers at the carriage ends saying "Train maintained by Nottingham Eastcroft" with a logo

Does anyone know what the origin of these is? Just some staff at Eastcroft taking pride in their work and wanting to tell passengers (well, the few who read the stickers) about it? Or is there some other reason?
They've been there for many years - I think it was started under the Stagecoach EMT franchise - with the encouragement of management.
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
I believe these were installed under EMT. Perhaps in the early days as I’m sure all of the regional fleet is allocated to Derby Etches Park, although some work is done in Nottingham still. I could be wrong on this though
 

43055

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
3,688
I believe these were installed under EMT. Perhaps in the early days as I’m sure all of the regional fleet is allocated to Derby Etches Park, although some work is done in Nottingham still. I could be wrong on this though
153s and 158s have Nottingam stickers I believe while 156s have Derby. HSTs also had Neville Hill stickers.
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,641
Location
Hampshire
GWR has had something similar for a few years now, with HSTs maintained by OOC represented with a small OOC Oak sticker on the inner end, and SPM maintained 158s and 165/166s with an Avon Gorge SPM sticker.
 

Attachments

  • 91A5E3D7-DC0D-460F-B7E4-4E543C2605F5.jpeg
    91A5E3D7-DC0D-460F-B7E4-4E543C2605F5.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 125
  • D5FF2C32-120F-4753-A3FB-488BCC4E4DCE.jpeg
    D5FF2C32-120F-4753-A3FB-488BCC4E4DCE.jpeg
    786.4 KB · Views: 126
Joined
14 Mar 2022
Messages
26
Location
Nottingham
I believe these were installed under EMT. Perhaps in the early days as I’m sure all of the regional fleet is allocated to Derby Etches Park, although some work is done in Nottingham still. I could be wrong on this though
As far as I know, Etches park (Derby) is where heavy maintenance is undertaken and some light maintenance is undertaken at Etches Park.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top