• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lounge on an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,891
Location
Cambridge
Hi.

I’m booked on the 1700 BHM to EUS tomorrow and hope to upgrade. VTs website says you can use the lounge before you board even if upgrading but how is this possible?

PS: My original standard class ticket uses a family and friends railcard is this going to affect my chances of upgrading. I’m just under the adult price age so I should get the upgrade for only a fiver!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2016
Messages
2,837
You can't discount first class with a Family and Friends, so I'd be careful. Can you get a lounge pass at Euston?
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,891
Location
Cambridge
OK so...

Yes I got the upgrade. It's supposed to be £7.50 but he only charged me £5!
I got the nice little picnic tray, with a coffee and two fizzy waters.
And a little face to face table. Which I had to myself! :D
I got a gigantic flapjack, can of lemonade and cup of tea from the Lounge.

So I'm pretty happy!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top