lostwin(m)
Member
Well, I wasn’t anticipating posting anything on my 80’s B&W thread until back from travelling. But look what we bumped into in the Jordanian desert town of Wadi Rum. Time for a holiday special!
The steam train still works a couple of times a week, recreating scenes from Laurence of Arabia - which was filmed here.
The engine dates from 1959, made by Nippon Sharyo, Japan.
I assume it is fairly well known on the Forum, but hope you enjoy. The resident diesel to follow, after I have ridden my camel (no, I am not joking)!




The steam train still works a couple of times a week, recreating scenes from Laurence of Arabia - which was filmed here.
The engine dates from 1959, made by Nippon Sharyo, Japan.
I assume it is fairly well known on the Forum, but hope you enjoy. The resident diesel to follow, after I have ridden my camel (no, I am not joking)!




Last edited:









