John Luxton
Established Member
Last week I paid two visits to the Looe Valley Line - my first visits since 2010. I was pleased to note that this quirky branch line was looking well cared for. It is very much the Network Rail line with heritage line aspirations. I discovered that a rather nice Heritage Centre had been opened in the former Liskeard and Looe Railway Station building which sits at 90 degrees to the former Cornwall Railway station. It appears that the Heritage Centre opened in 2021. Opening of the centre seems to coincide with periods when the mainline station building is staffed. When I paid my second trip late on the Saturday it was locked - the main station building currently closing at 15:00 on Saturday.
I have added all the images to my Looe Line Gallery which can be found here. - It is well worth a visit.
www.jhluxton.com
I have added all the images to my Looe Line Gallery which can be found here. - It is well worth a visit.
Looe Valley Line - John Luxton
The Looe Valley Line is an 8 3⁄4 miles (14 km) railway from Liskeard to Looe in Cornwall following the valley of the East Looe River for much of its course. It is operated by Great Western Railway formerly First Great Western. Originally opened as the Liskeard and Caradon Railway in 1860 to...