• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Switzerland direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
29 Aug 2012
Messages
472
I don't fly, but travel by train to Italy, south of France and Barcelona. Anything to help with journey times would wonderful, especially if it included night time travel.

I am in the same situation I do not fly. The last time was over twenty years back on the old BA1 service to New York.

I too love to travel to the Italy, South of France, and Barcelona (also then onwards to Valencia or Majorca sometimes). I also travel to Germany.

I have done the Venice sleeper and the Barcelona Train Hotel. I enjoyed there train hotel particularly. I could leave Worcester on a sensible mid morning train and be in Barcelona mid morning the next day. No hotel to pay for on the way, and the best part of a day ahead of me in Barcelona. Now I leave Worcester, have to stay in a hotel in London or Paris, arrive in Barcelona just in time to book in another hotel, and with the best part of a day less in Barcelona.

A well timed sleeper can save a take a day off a journey and save in the cost of hotels.

It seems a sensible approach to use the time I have to sleep to also be travelling. The only downside is you miss any scenic views.

Unfortunately in that last few years sleepers have not seemed to work for the operators. I hope that is changing.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top