parkender102
Member
I have a query as the Virgin Rail website does not answer it and I cant get through to the help line as its busy with travel query chaos due to the snow.
I have an Off Peak Return ticket from Shotton to London Euston booked via East Coast Trains Website. I am returning on the 16:40 Thursday 23rd December 2010 London Euston to Shotton (Manchester Piccadilly Pendolino service - change at Crewe and Chester for Arriva Trains Wales connections).
Although the website gives me a confirmed seat reservation on the Pendolino (so I assume the ticket is valid on this service) there seems to be some confusion with regard to Off Peak Trains. According to the Virgin website a train from London to Chester is only Off Peak if it departs before 15:01 and after 18:44. However according to the website if the ticket is London Euston to Flint, Bangor, Prestatyn etc the only train an Off Peak ticket is NOT valid on is the 16:10 SuperVoyager to Chester. I assume this is also the case for ticket to Shotton (or any station in Wales that Virgin stops at) so therefore the ticket is valid on the 16:40.
Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
I have an Off Peak Return ticket from Shotton to London Euston booked via East Coast Trains Website. I am returning on the 16:40 Thursday 23rd December 2010 London Euston to Shotton (Manchester Piccadilly Pendolino service - change at Crewe and Chester for Arriva Trains Wales connections).
Although the website gives me a confirmed seat reservation on the Pendolino (so I assume the ticket is valid on this service) there seems to be some confusion with regard to Off Peak Trains. According to the Virgin website a train from London to Chester is only Off Peak if it departs before 15:01 and after 18:44. However according to the website if the ticket is London Euston to Flint, Bangor, Prestatyn etc the only train an Off Peak ticket is NOT valid on is the 16:10 SuperVoyager to Chester. I assume this is also the case for ticket to Shotton (or any station in Wales that Virgin stops at) so therefore the ticket is valid on the 16:40.
Any help on this matter would be appreciated.