• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Late Platform Numbers at Liverpool Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJames

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2018
Messages
1,464
The announcements have been broken for well over a year. They were constantly being cut off mid-sentence, as there was a fault with the system. They briefly switched over to a TTS system, but then swapped back to the legacy, but faulty, Wordline system.
As displayed in this thread, it's around about mid-November 2023 roughly that the announcements stopped working properly: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/london-liverpool-street.259374/ (although during this time they were sporadically trialling the TTS and there were some periods of both TTS and Anne).

However - I didn't realise it had even been that long. Think that is pretty poor form really.

Not very often you get someone complaining that there aren’t enough retail units!

I think it’s quite strange to suggest that they‘re making up the idea that there is congestion at the barriers, and that delaying when platforms are revealed is part of some conspiracy to justify the changes. As a regular commuter into Liverpool Street, I am often held up for a good few minutes trying to get off the platform upon arrival into the station as there aren’t enough barriers for everyone to get through.
I'm always at the front of the train on arrival to avoid this annoying congestion. The removal of these retail units to create a more functional gateline cannot come soon enough. The first time in a number of years that I wasn't was the other day, and I hadn't realised the extent to which the congestion was delaying the platform being cleared.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top