• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kitson & Co. locomotives for Victorian Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2014
Messages
2,368
I understand that in the early 1900s the Victorian Railways’ Railway Commissioner commissioned Kitson & Co. of Leeds to design 5 standard types of steam locomotive.

I’m interested to know more about these engines, and I’d love to see some photos. Does anyone know where I can find some info on these? Wikipedia made a reference to them but included no links.

Thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

daikilo

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2010
Messages
1,623
I understand that in the early 1900s the Victorian Railways’ Railway Commissioner commissioned Kitson & Co. of Leeds to design 5 standard types of steam locomotive.

I’m interested to know more about these engines, and I’d love to see some photos. Does anyone know where I can find some info on these? Wikipedia made a reference to them but included no links.

Thanks!

Try the book refered to in footnote 3 of the Wikipedia article.

Try also typing into google "kitson locomotive in australia" and selecting images.
 

alexl92

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2014
Messages
2,368
The Wikipedia Article I was on was about the VR D1 class so no references to the Kitson locos.
Will try, thanks
 

daikilo

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2010
Messages
1,623
The Wikipedia Article I was on was about the VR D1 class so no references to the Kitson locos.
Will try, thanks

In that case try the wiki article that comes up in the same Google query I mentioned.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top