• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

King Edward 1 in Shrewsbury yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,988
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
Was just pulling into Shrewsbury coming down from the north at about 3.15 yesterday afternoon, and there in all its glory was a beautiful steam engine, which in the short time I had available was, I think, called King Edward 1. It was all steamed up and looked ready to go. I wonder if it did actually go anywhere. It had a lot of coaches tagged on but I must say they didn't look very special, not exactly Orient Express.

Or maybe it lives there and I've never noticed it before?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EltonRoad

Member
Joined
2 Jun 2009
Messages
1,029
Location
Kendal
It was Steam Dreams' Cathedrals Express trip, Bristol <-> Shrewsbury (diesel from Paddington).
 

c259

Member
Jobs & Careers
Joined
1 Nov 2009
Messages
127
That tour was originally supposed to be 60019 Bittern. The change in loco was the reason I didn't go.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top