paddington
Member
- Joined
- 19 Feb 2013
- Messages
- 964
On an any Belgian station ticket to London, you are supposed to check-in to the Eurostar at least 30 mins before.
Now I know the earliest Belgian train you can take is up to 24 hours before, but what would be the latest? Would you be protected if you took a Belgian train scheduled to arrive at Midi/Zuid e.g. 35 minutes before the Eurostar departure, but it is late by 5 minutes and you miss the Eurostar. What should be done if this happens?
Also, can anyone comment on the time it is currently taking to get through security and passport control on Sunday evenings? I have experienced immigration delays when departing the Schengen zone by air recently due to the new requirement that European passports must all be scanned into the computer rather than just a glance at the photo page, so I suspect the same may be happening at the trains.
Now I know the earliest Belgian train you can take is up to 24 hours before, but what would be the latest? Would you be protected if you took a Belgian train scheduled to arrive at Midi/Zuid e.g. 35 minutes before the Eurostar departure, but it is late by 5 minutes and you miss the Eurostar. What should be done if this happens?
Also, can anyone comment on the time it is currently taking to get through security and passport control on Sunday evenings? I have experienced immigration delays when departing the Schengen zone by air recently due to the new requirement that European passports must all be scanned into the computer rather than just a glance at the photo page, so I suspect the same may be happening at the trains.