• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

is everyone fed up of this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

37402

Member
Joined
15 May 2007
Messages
532
Bands with real talent none of this repeating bassline and crappy computer generated bullocks!!!

Sorry, I'm a right one for picking an argument when people say that so nothing personal! It really frustrates me...! <(

You ever tried doing it...? If I didn't know what the answer would be, I'd challenge you to come up with a track if, as you say, it is something that someone without "real talent" could do as obviously you'd find it easy (and by that I don't mean that you personally have no real talent, just someone who I'm assuming has never done something like that). :roll:

It may be computer generated, but creating something like that makes you just as much of a musician (if not more) than some of the bands you get out there these days. You still have to have the musical knowledge and understanding of what works and what doesn't and if you go one step further and actually start dj'ing professionally it's a whole new level. As I say, a producer/dj is just as much of a musician as someone in a band...

Oh and anyone going to Global this year?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bopeep

New Member
Joined
24 May 2008
Messages
1
Anyone get the feeling recently that Ministry of Sound is more or less on autopilot at this point? Their compilations are getting BORING in my opinion... mostly they are just picking the top stuff off beatport, the minimal blippy junk, either that or commissioning dance cover versions of whatever crap is in the UK charts. Anyway. These days I prefer artist albums or compilations like this series (direct iTunes link) http://electricnation2010.com/tracks :D:grin:
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
The latest MOS Chilled CD is mostly tracks that appeared on the last MOS chilled CD I got 4 years ago and it is virtually monotone IMO. My brother does DJing on a leasure basis and can mix most of the stuff about these days. Its all prefabricated poo. I can almost imagine the 'artist' going into a 'beat store' and grabbing a generic beat to add a sample from the 80s to. That said, half the 'bands' that are about now are utter [insert expletive]! Take me back to the 80s and 90s, same stuff, just better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top