• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Intercity trains to Blackfriars (London)

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalnerd

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2025
Messages
455
Location
Hull
If only someone had constructed two main-line tracks from Farringdon to say, Moorgate, next to the Metropolitan line tracks, to allow trains from St Pancras to go there!

Oh wait
Shame those are not used anymore

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Considering how frequent Thameslink is, add into that the Underground and now Liz line... I have one question regarding this idea...

Why??
Just a fun proposal and one I have thought of since I was young. Also could alleviate some of the stress coming into London terminals but would put stress on the already existing Thameslink core. Although I guess all the money for those sorts of projects for the next 50 years has just been spent on HS2
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSE

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2010
Messages
1,919
Considering how frequent Thameslink is, add into that the Underground and now Liz line... I have one question regarding this idea...

Why??
Well partly because this is a railway forum and people here love trains and discussing what they could do with their favourite routes and stock

But also because the railway used to offer less trains but to a wider spread of destinations, now the tendency seems to be more trains but to less destinations. Example being no long distance trains along the West Coastway from Brighton but instead an hourly service to Southampton to connect there. Lots of people here still lament the loss of infrequent but direct services. I’m not saying that’s my view, but that’s why a lot of people pitch ideas like this.
 

43066

Veteran Member
Joined
24 Nov 2019
Messages
12,089
Location
London
Well partly because this is a railway forum and people here love trains and discussing what they could do with their favourite routes and stock

Indeed. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with any of that.

Although I guess all the money for those sorts of projects for the next 50 years has just been spent on HS2

Welcome to the forum :).

Hopefully not quite all of it. Crossrail certainly ran in tandem with HS2 for a period.
 

generalnerd

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2025
Messages
455
Location
Hull
Welcome to the forum :).

Hopefully not quite all of it. Crossrail certainly ran in tandem with HS2 for a period.
Thank you! Yes I do hope that London gets more investment, but with the whole ‘ignoring the north’ (although I do think we need some funding) is only going to end us up like Belgium…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top