MisterSheeps
Member
ah, damn, fuelled me on many a 'hill', and nipping in from the train was a ritualLast time I was at Crianlarich (mid-September), the station refreshment room was closed and empty with a 'To Let' sign in the window.
![]()
ah, damn, fuelled me on many a 'hill', and nipping in from the train was a ritualLast time I was at Crianlarich (mid-September), the station refreshment room was closed and empty with a 'To Let' sign in the window.
![]()
It's for sale at moThe Italian restaurant at Garforth also does excellent coffee/ light snacks for travellers (and deliveries to train for traincrew who ring up in advance!) from a window in their kitchen which opens on to the platform. Most recommended.
That's bad news. Their coffee was excellent.
La Stazione is excellent. Their coffee is exceptional!Ilkley has ‘La Stazione’ coffee shop owned by a charismatic Italian with great staff.
The station also has a nice pub called ‘The Ticket Office’.
I came here to mention Ely!All three food & drink outlets on Ely station (a cafe, a hole-in-wall kiosk and a shop) are independents as far as I know. Ely being an important interchange station for East Anglia, they seem to get good business from both local and interchange passengers (and the nearest pub is a 7 minute walk away).
It closed down and re-opened as The Helsby Tap just at the tope of Station Avenue. That slightly dubious pub would have been the Railway Inn and although it looks a bit dated it is actually perfectly fine. The Helsby Tap is sat just behind the row of shops on the right at the top of station Avenue and has an excellent selection of beverages.Is the pub on Helsby station still going?
It was closed the day I wanted to use it some years ago, and we ended up in a slightly dubious boozer round the corner from the station.
There was a coffee van parked up underneath Newton-le-Willows when I was there in the summer that I was able to make use of between trains.
Perhaps not the same, but there are a number of independent stores on Arygle Street "underneath" (and just by the entrance to) Glasgow Central station, including the rather enjoyable "Cafe Sono" I ate in a few days ago.Anything independent at Glasgow Queen St or Glasgow Central? Greggs seems to have muscled in.
Of what?Gospel Oak is a very good example.
An independent business at the station!Of what?
I offer Hazel Grove (Stockport bound platform has a hole-in-wall),
At Sheffield the Forge Bakery have recently moved into the vacant kiosk that used to be a pasty stall (by the steps up from the concourse to the footbridge).A stand selling cakes and pastries is often on the concourse at Sheffield, but I’m not sure which are its’ regular days.
The cafe at Axminster station is still open (but I only visited the Ale Way!)I'm due another visit to the Ale Way pub there so will look.