• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

In Court on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2009
Messages
9,267
I would be very tempted to send a letter of complaint to Passenger Focus, now that everything has been paid up. It might help get some of that money back from Chiltern, or it might not, but it's worth a go for the cost of a stamp.

Is there an advantage of using conventional post over email?

I realise the trip from Leamington to Marylebone was on Chiltern, but was the RPI in question from that TOC? Leamington is also served by London Midland and CrossCountry. The TOC hadn't been mentioned in this thread up to now.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
Now that a criminal record is no longer an option, maybe there is a way of recovering the settlement? This is clearly a scam so threatening to expose this publicly might focus the mind.
I disagree that this is a 'scam' by the Company.

I would be very tempted to send a letter of complaint to Passenger Focus, now that everything has been paid up. It might help get some of that money back from Chiltern, . . . . .
I cannot advise the OP (or his sister) to pursue this matter any further.

Unless it's already paid paying just the ticket price 'in final and complete settlement' should surely do the job. If the prosecutor wants costs they'd have to prove guilt (which they've admitted they can't) or sue for breach of contract, which would be doubtful for £50 and the OP might also put in a counterclaim for their costs...
I strongly advise the OP (and sister) AGAINST taking this response. It is at complete odds with reality.

I do advise the OP and sister to accept the agreement reached yesterday with good grace, to learn from it, and to return to their business.
 

dingle01902

Member
Joined
20 Apr 2014
Messages
15
Thanks again for everyone's comments. The reality was that the cash settlement needed to be paid to the prosecutor in order to get the dismissal. If it had been paid by card he would have just asked for adjournment until payment had cleared. It's over now, she's out of pocket but hopefully she learns from it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top