Middlewood is just outside of the village of High Lane, a growing commuter village just outside of the Stockport conurbation and I think there is untapped potential in making the station more accessible and known to people who live in High Lane or wish to take the train there.
I'm well aware the station is primarily for Middlewood Way users and that people who live in High Lane probably drive or get the bus as it's easier. However, I suggest the route from the A6, down the lane and along the path to the Middlewood Way should be fully lit and be fully accessible. It is no more than a 10 minute walk (nearer to 5 minutes) yet feels like a world away. The path doesnt need to be some ramped monstrosity impacting the woodland as there is no severe gradient. There does need to be tarmacking as it can be muddy in one or two spots.
Increasing the frequency of service would be useful too.
I'm well aware the station is primarily for Middlewood Way users and that people who live in High Lane probably drive or get the bus as it's easier. However, I suggest the route from the A6, down the lane and along the path to the Middlewood Way should be fully lit and be fully accessible. It is no more than a 10 minute walk (nearer to 5 minutes) yet feels like a world away. The path doesnt need to be some ramped monstrosity impacting the woodland as there is no severe gradient. There does need to be tarmacking as it can be muddy in one or two spots.
Increasing the frequency of service would be useful too.