47403
Established Member
Rail Tour, no matter what TOC, what traction would you use, where would you go and what route?.
I like the idea of the old spin and win tours, with a multitude of traction, I'd go Newcastle-Glasgow-Doncaster-Newcastle, think that's more than achievable in a day.
outward
Newcastle-Glasgow with a pair of Freightliner 86's
Glasgow-Carlisle via Kingmoor yard with a pair Network Rail 37's
Carlisle-Doncaster via S&C with a DB 60
return
Doncaster-York via Harrogate with a pair of DRS 20's
York-Newcastle via the Durham Coast and Tyne Dock with a Colas 56
pipe dream I know but just a bit fun regardless
I like the idea of the old spin and win tours, with a multitude of traction, I'd go Newcastle-Glasgow-Doncaster-Newcastle, think that's more than achievable in a day.
outward
Newcastle-Glasgow with a pair of Freightliner 86's
Glasgow-Carlisle via Kingmoor yard with a pair Network Rail 37's
Carlisle-Doncaster via S&C with a DB 60
return
Doncaster-York via Harrogate with a pair of DRS 20's
York-Newcastle via the Durham Coast and Tyne Dock with a Colas 56
pipe dream I know but just a bit fun regardless