• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ideas for York - Leeds - Manchester improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bantamzen

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2013
Messages
10,508
Location
Cheshire
Yes I worked in Leeds on shifts for over 20 years. It’s not through the night that bothers me. Try the relative cities through the day.
I have and I do, in fact I'll be heading into Bradford in less than a couple of hours to enjoy a few pints before the game! :D

I look back 30-40 years ago when Bradford was pretty much on a par with its larger neighbours. Since then it has gone backwards into oblivion whilst Manchester and Leeds have risen into another stratosphere.
I disagree that we were on a par with Leeds, but what is not in dispute is the imbalance of investment between cities like Leeds & Manchester and many of the rest. Its why NPR going through the city would have been a good thing. Still we can dream.

Bingley Town Council has done more for us in the last year than Bradford Council has done in the last 10. Throw in Shipley and Keighley and at least my Council tax will be re-invested locally. Bradford council are only interested in the city centre, principally making it look nice around City Hall and stupid capital of culture bids that mean nothing. I’m a once proud Bradfordian but the only thing that connects me with the city now are the football team. It’s a horrible place now and saddens me so much to say it.
We're straying way off topic, but all I'll say this is true of many places around the country. Even Leeds is starting to look a bit grim these days, nowhere near as shiny as it was a decade ago.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top