• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ID for a mystery working

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
18 Dec 2009
Messages
6,615
Last night I saw a mystery train passing through Driffield on the Yorkshire Coast line, I looked at my timetable at the time and it was definately between the Northern services, but I can't really remember when it was now :$.

Of the part of it I saw in the dark (missed the very front) it consisted of 2 coaches in darkness, 2 coaches with lights on, 2 coaches in darkness and a class 47 bringing up the rear.

Has anyone got any idea what was going on?!

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oswyntail

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
4,183
Location
Yorkshire
Could it be the same special that breezed through Castleford at about 17:00 - a set of Mk2s with "Pride of Cumbria" at the front and "Pride of Carlisle" on the back. No sign what it was, but all the few passengers looked very (non-) enthusiastic about being dragged through the industrial Yorkshire landscape.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top