• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I you had a brand new laptop/PC

Which OS would be your choice, if all still supported?

  • Windows 10

    Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Windows 7

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Windows XP

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Linux (Ubuntu)

    Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Any other eg. 2000/Vista/98

    Votes: 5 7.9%

  • Total voters
    63
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
2 Jan 2009
Messages
527
What do you use your PC/Laptop for?

Generally, many apps require a rather high minimum spec, and it's good to take this into consideration when purchasing a PC/Laptop.

If you're running Windows... Can happily multitasking on Chrome with the spec there is. If they didn't work, they wouldn't sell...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
9,213
Location
SE London
I sometimes wish that I grew up in the 80s to experience that!

BBCs may had been monochrome, but they were very tough!

I'm pretty sure BBCs were colour - although it was pretty restrictive by today's standards. (16 colours max if I recall correctly but I may be wrong). I also seem to recall (I hope this is correct) that screen memory was very tight. You could put the screen in different modes - but if you went for a high-colour mode you either got fewer characters on the screen or a smaller amount of memory for whatever program you were running.
 

miami

Established Member
Joined
3 Oct 2015
Messages
3,305
Bbc micros were certainly colour - chuckie egg rings a bell.

My first PC had 4 colours, black, dark orange, orange, and light orange.
 

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Joined
18 Mar 2014
Messages
5,491
My very first computer was a ZX Spectrum. You'd have to wait a good 15-20mins for programs to load from the tapes
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top