• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I wish to play Theme Hospital...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2008
Messages
3,298
Location
Leeds
However I have a MacBook Air.

Would copying the installation CD contents onto an external hard drive/on to my MacBook's desktop and running the .exe file in Wine work?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazthomas

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2011
Messages
3,466
Location
Llandudno
There is a fair chance. If not then I would suggest getting VMWare or Parallels (there are others) and running a copy of Windows 7 on top. Dual booting Windows on the Mac defeats the point I'd say!
 

DownSouth

Established Member
Joined
10 Dec 2011
Messages
1,545
Most games require deeper-level interactions with Windows than Wine can provide.

From what I remember back when I used Windows (last version was XP, then hello OSX!) it was actually difficult enough to run 90's games on a modern computer (and yes, I did try Theme Hospital) so there's no guarantee that installing Windows via either Boot Camp or a virtual machine would work for it.

Getting hold of a second-hand older Windows box from a business or school which would otherwise get binned is probably going to be a cheaper pathway to playing Theme Hospital than buying Windows 7 to install on your Mac.
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,851
I couldn't get Theme Hospital to install and play on Windows 7 over Christmas :(

Shame, I was looking forward to treating people suffering from a 'slack tongue' and have surgeons described as 'liabilities' responsible for training.
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
You can download a version for $5.99 from GOG.com, that works on XP, Vista, 7 and 8 - plus Mac OSX. I know there is a cost outlay involved, but I found this easier than getting the disk version to work.

They also offer a 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn't work on your system, so is relatively risk free.
 

Harbon 1

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2011
Messages
1,020
Location
Burton on Trent
I couldn't get Theme Hospital to install and play on Windows 7 over Christmas :(

Shame, I was looking forward to treating people suffering from a 'slack tongue' and have surgeons described as 'liabilities' responsible for training.

I managed to get it working using a program called DOSbox

The overinflated heads are the best :lol:
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,851
Warning! Incoming patients with Bloaty Head!

And do you choose to cover up or treat all of those patients when an epidemic is reported?

And don't forget to strategically place the vending machines as to hide the holes where the rats come in ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top