• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I will be getting a intention to prosecution letter from Govia Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaj94

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2025
Messages
27
Location
london
Hi guys just wanted give an update I got told to pay £414 I believe they actually investigated the other days I did and gave me a settlement sum without me needing to write a letter so I’m happy with this
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0797.jpeg
    IMG_0797.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

furlong

Established Member
Joined
28 Mar 2013
Messages
5,330
Location
Reading
It seems a bit silly of them though not to provide a breakdown of the journeys they took into account when drawing up the settlement. If GTR or indeed any other train company later discovers some other journeys before this date where you hadn't paid the correct fare, you can now say they were all included within this settlement and no train company can do anything more. If they had instead provided a list of the specific journeys, then if others were discovered later, the railway could come back and ask for more. So it's a surprising example of the railway not acting in its own best interest.
 

shaj94

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2025
Messages
27
Location
london
It seems a bit silly of them though not to provide a breakdown of the journeys they took into account when drawing up the settlement. If GTR or indeed any other train company later discovers some other journeys before this date where you hadn't paid the correct fare, you can now say they were all included within this settlement and no train company can do anything more. If they had instead provided a list of the specific journeys, then if others were discovered later, the railway could come back and ask for more. So it's a surprising example of the railway not acting in its own best interest.apart
Sorry they actually did post it I just forgot to share it but it did I cover the 11 days I mentioned I did the fare evasion
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44

dciuk

Member
Joined
1 May 2018
Messages
163
I think this sounds like a good result and less that what you would have needed to pay for a solicitor. Just make sure you always purchase the correct tickets in the future
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top