YorkshireRider
Member
Journey planners don't give that as an option so I wouldn't have thought many people would think of using that particular route (and even if you specify via DON or YRK in a planner it it says no fares have been found). So I would say 1tph is a poor service.
Yeah normally a 170 occasionally doubled up and sometimes a 185 turns up as well during the peak. I have actually been on a doubled up 185 on this service but it was quite late at night so probably just a positioning move.
Sorry i dont think my previous post was very clear, my fault, what i meant was that passengers travelling to Hull from north of york or south of doncaster would change at those stations and not Leeds, therefore the demand in my opinion from west yorks/north west to Hull has been catered for with 1tph, and thats born out by the fact they use 2 car class170s.