Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Ref the Allocation History as compiled on behalf of Heritage Shunters Trust, 460 was allocated to Old Oak 12/91 until a transfer to SF 6/96, and then found itself back at OC but stored 9/97 for about a year.
Did send a PM but dont know if you received it. As of Wednesday 08611 and 08696 plus 09007 were all in Alstom yard, that's the one on the right if traveling on Overground between Stonebridge Park and Wembley Central
Did a bit of Shunter hunting today (and thanks to @cockneyviking ) for the steer regarding Wembley.
08611, 08696 and 09007 / D3671 are all quite easily found at Wembley on the line between Stonebridge Park and Wembley Central although 09007 does look rather forlorn.
08683 and 08511 were situated at Eastleigh Yard and visible from a passing train or the station platform.
08810 was at Eastleigh Depot although not easy to see hidden behind 701035 but can be spied from the alleyway that runs adjacent to Campbell Road. I understand that 08735 is also at Eastleigh Depot but with the 701 blocking the view I was unable to see it on this occasion.
08567 was present at Eastleigh Works and could also be seen from Campbell Road, with 2991 / 07007. It really does look very good in its green livery but unfortunately I am prevented from sharing the photos.
01508 was also at Eastleigh Works but not visible from a public viewpoint.
Apologies for the lack of quality to the two photos, one was taken with an iPhone from distance and the other through the window of a grubby 378.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I’m planning to visit Crewe and Liverpool next Saturday so if anyone knows the precise whereabouts of 08834 which is stabled at Allerton, together with 08868 and 09204 at Crewe LNWR, it would be greatly appreciated.
08700 was between Liverpool and Runcorn with a ford vehicle train on Saturday, I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.
Wikipedia lists it as preserved with the East Lancashire Railway but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Very low quality (video of stationary objects at 90mph isn't very good), but I spotted what I confirmed by sight to be 08454, and based on context what appears to be 08721 when passing Alstom's site in Widnes.
08700 was between Liverpool and Runcorn with a ford vehicle train on Saturday, I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.
Wikipedia lists it as preserved with the East Lancashire Railway but that doesn't seem to be the case. View attachment 167025
Very low quality (video of stationary objects at 90mph isn't very good), but I spotted what I confirmed by sight to be 08454, and based on context what appears to be 08721 when passing Alstom's site in Widnes. View attachment 167026
A company called Meteor Power there acquired two shunters. One was being converted to a hybrid and the other, as is, to provide comparison data. You can see the business if you enter 08649+Silverstone into a search engine
A company called Meteor Power there acquired two shunters. One was being converted to a hybrid and the other, as is, to provide comparison data. You can see the business if you enter 08649+Silverstone into a search engine
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.