• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How do YOU choose who to support in Preservation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxhound

Member
Joined
5 May 2010
Messages
96
Location
Plymouth
She'll be nice and spangly when she gets back from her well deserved attention! Early bods paved the way for the rest of us after all (I started in preservation in 2006).

Lying in the four foot cleaning underbody...... I hope the teapot at Loughborough Loco has improved!
Looking forward to her re-birth actually - cracking little loco that.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Redviper

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2011
Messages
27
I have joined the Wensleydale railway because its near where I live, and (as someone has pointed out before) it offers a scenic route (although I’m yet to actually ride the route.)

I really enjoy it, there are some really friendly people and I am beginning to learn new skills.
 

1862

Member
Joined
26 Apr 2011
Messages
8
Location
Meadow Lane Notts
Member of 3 Heritage Railway's: GCR,GCRN & NYMR.

GCRN-My local,i live 10mins awy
GCR-First preserved railway ever visited,and still one of the best for special events,galas etc
NYMR-My favourite part of the country and one of the most scenic railways in the UK.

I support these railways by regular visits and by also distributing timetables both locally & nationaly.

Hope to be a volunteer in the not too distance future.
 
Last edited:

102 fan

On Moderation
Joined
14 May 2007
Messages
790
In my experience most societies claim 'It's your society' when they want work done, but say 'The committee make the decisions' when a member asks questions!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top