Hi
A few days ago I received a letter from HM Courts Service staring I owe £500 for a historic fine at Bolton magistrates in 2014.
The letter is addressed to me but contains a completely different surname, this is the first I have heard of this incident.
I called HMCTS who advised me that this relates to a fare evasion prosecution brought by Northern in 2013, and they advised to make a statutory declaration, which I will do tomorrow, however I’ve been told I have to enter a guilty or not guilty plea.
I have no recollection of the incident and I’ve seen no evidence, this letter from HMCTS was the first I’ve heard of it.
Can anyone offer some advice?
Thank you.
A few days ago I received a letter from HM Courts Service staring I owe £500 for a historic fine at Bolton magistrates in 2014.
The letter is addressed to me but contains a completely different surname, this is the first I have heard of this incident.
I called HMCTS who advised me that this relates to a fare evasion prosecution brought by Northern in 2013, and they advised to make a statutory declaration, which I will do tomorrow, however I’ve been told I have to enter a guilty or not guilty plea.
I have no recollection of the incident and I’ve seen no evidence, this letter from HMCTS was the first I’ve heard of it.
Can anyone offer some advice?
Thank you.