• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

High-pitch tone while accelerating on Azuma

endecotp

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2014
Messages
341
I'm on an LNER Azuma and hear an unpleasant high-pitched tone whenever the train is accelerating. The frequency is constant but the volume varies.

I'm wondering if this is coming from the public address loudspeakers, picked up from the power electrics?

Is this a known issue? Does anyone with some technical knowledge happen to know at what frequency the power converters operate on these trains?


Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,679
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
I notice this on all 80x on electric and I'd agree it is quite annoying. You don't however seem to get it in every coach so I guess it's a piece of electronics that isn't in all of them.
 

Top