• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help with Left Luggage service Axminster 1974

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,042
Location
Up the creek
Assuming they were within the luggage allowance, surely these would have gone in the Luggage Van not the passenger saloon. After all, having won one's blades on the Cam/Isis, how else would one have fetched them home when one went down? :)
(My Dad, being lightweight and therefore an ideal Cox, won three rudders in the 30s - I wonder how he got them home, given that there was definitely no family car?)

My father won an oar in his college boat in the late 1940s. Although his father almost certainly had a car I believe that he had it cut down to just the blade, on which were painted the names and honours.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2019
Messages
5,677
Location
The West Country
I knew I had some somewhere. Here’s a picture of a left luggage book of tickets. Although these are from 1985 and not 1974.
IMG_2330.jpeg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top