• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help with freight timetable RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skidderwolf

Member
Joined
2 Apr 2022
Messages
26
Location
Midlands
Good morning, I am looking at tomorrows (28th Dec) freight timetable for Hatton on RTT and it shows a decent amount of freight planned to run through. Now i am aware that some will be cancelled etc but how do i find out for definite what will be running? or do I need to wait untill nearer the time for the allocations to be confirmed.


Appreciate some help to understand properly

thankyou

Rich
 

Attachments

  • 1672138553581.png
    1672138553581.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 49
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,512
The day after a bank holiday is generally treated as a Monday when it comes to Freightliner/DB intermodal services,
so most trains that you would normally expect to run on a Monday should run in their usual 'Monday only' paths.

Other trains, especially stone/cement workings, tend to have a 'week off' between Christmas and New Year,
but there is no hard and fast rule, I'm afraid...




MARK
 

uww11x

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2012
Messages
402
Good morning, I am looking at tomorrows (28th Dec) freight timetable for Hatton on RTT and it shows a decent amount of freight planned to run through. Now i am aware that some will be cancelled etc but how do i find out for definite what will be running? or do I need to wait untill nearer the time for the allocations to be confirmed.


Appreciate some help to understand properly

thankyou

Rich
The 2 MOD trains not likely to run due to the nature of the traffic. If it does run it will only be 1 of the 2 options. I'd expect the class 4's to run
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,792
Location
UK
Good morning, I am looking at tomorrows (28th Dec) freight timetable for Hatton on RTT and it shows a decent amount of freight planned to run through. Now i am aware that some will be cancelled etc but how do i find out for definite what will be running? or do I need to wait untill nearer the time for the allocations to be confirmed.


Appreciate some help to understand properly

thankyou

Rich
You won't really know for sure until the trains leave their origins (or not). If a train hasn't left, an hour after it was due to leave, it's usually a good indication that it's not running.
 

_toommm_

Established Member
Joined
8 Jul 2017
Messages
6,307
Location
South West London
And often, the freight paths that are activated exactly two hours before departure are the ones that won’t run.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top