• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HELP! Responding to SWR prosecution letter - can someone help to read my draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

applekim87654

Member
Joined
7 Jul 2025
Messages
15
Location
London
Hi, I have already sent the email as I want this matter to resolve asap. I did not explicitly mentioned the name of all the stations - should I send another email mentioning this or should I just leave the sent email as it is and hope they get back to me? Would failing to mention the entirely of the event be a problem and seem off being dishonest? This is the last thing I want to come across as.

should be expecting another follow up email from them or just a 'fine' letter now? I sent thru email but did not get an 'auto-response' email from them, is this normal?

I am sorry for not waiting and immediately sending it off as I want this resolve as soon as possible, I have been under immense stress from this.
I think you need to explain what your journey was. You were caught with a Staines to Egham ticket having boarded the train at Richmond (where you arrived after travelling from Hackney Central using contactless).
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,157
Hi, I have already sent the email as I want this matter to resolve asap. I did not explicitly mentioned the name of all the stations - should I send another email mentioning this or should I just leave the sent email as it is and hope they get back to me? Would failing to mention the entirely of the event be a problem and seem off being dishonest? This is the last thing I want to come across as.

should be expecting another follow up email from them or just a 'fine' letter now? I sent thru email but did not get an 'auto-response' email from them, is this normal?

I am sorry for not waiting and immediately sending it off as I want this resolve as soon as possible, I have been under immense stress from this.
I would wait for SWR to reply to you. If they search your ticket purchasing history will they find other purchases of Staines to Egham tickets? If so, they will want to ask you about these as well.
 

applekim87654

Member
Joined
7 Jul 2025
Messages
15
Location
London
I would wait for SWR to reply to you. If they search your ticket purchasing history will they find other purchases of Staines to Egham tickets? If so, they will want to ask you about these as well.
Thank you, I will just wait patiently now and hope they got my email response.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top