• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HELP!Job centre railcard fraud investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Corner

Established Member
Joined
20 Jul 2015
Messages
6,998
Have you read the fitness and propietry section of the FCA Handbook?


I claim no special knowledge of the field but "honesty, integrity and reputation" are amongst the personal qualities required. You might want to think about what might happen if your fare evasion comes to light after you've started work for a firm and whether it would be better to disclose it at the first opportunity.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

furlong

Established Member
Joined
28 Mar 2013
Messages
5,320
Location
Reading
It might well fall within scope of the test:
FIT 2.1.3 (4) whether the person is or has been the subject of any proceedings of a disciplinary or criminal nature, or has been notified of any potential proceedings or of any investigation which might lead to those proceedings;
 

Elecman

Established Member
Joined
31 Dec 2013
Messages
3,582
Location
Lancashire
Presumably it must be a fairly short term plan as WMT would want all the outstanding payments made before the 6month deadline for laying prosecution charges with the court expires
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Moderator Note - I have merged three separate threads that have been started by @skittlesonmars into one thread so that all discussion relating to this case in in one place.
 

John R

Established Member
Joined
1 Jul 2013
Messages
6,130
Correct. If someone is subject to FIT, then this scenario is something that falls within the requirement to disclose.
Having had many years in management roles in the financial services industry I would agree with this.
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,630
Location
Isle of Man
Yes it’s an out of court settlement not a fine! I just was wondering if I would have to disclose it but I’m guessing not then!
My professional view is that you would have to disclose this.

In my line of work I would fully expect someone to disclose that they had made a voluntary settlement in lieu of criminal proceedings. If they declared it the regulator would want the full details so that they could assess their integrity. I can't speak for the UK FCA but, in my line of work, someone with the circumstances as you described would- providing they were fully transparent and providing evidence of payments being made was supplied- probably still pass a fitness and propriety test.

But if they didn't declare it and the regulator found out about it afterwards then the regulator would very likely be reconsidering their fitness and propriety.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top