• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR seat reservation tool generating valid travel tickets in error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc

Member
Joined
26 Jun 2018
Messages
195
I’ll be gutted if this facility disappears completely; I commute 50 minutes by Cross Country into New Street a couple of times a week usually using a flexible season and without a reservation there’s little to no chance of a seat.
Why stand alone reservations aren’t more easily available I just don’t understand.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

redreni

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2010
Messages
2,721
Location
Slade Green
I’ll be gutted if this facility disappears completely; I commute 50 minutes by Cross Country into New Street a couple of times a week usually using a flexible season and without a reservation there’s little to no chance of a seat.
Why stand alone reservations aren’t more easily available I just don’t understand.
A ticket office would do it for a flexi season ticket holder, wouldn't they? I can't think why they wouldn't?
 

sheff1

Established Member
Joined
24 Dec 2009
Messages
6,060
Location
Sheffield
I have been using GWR seat reservations in the past. Very disappointing that it’s no longer available (at least, perhaps, temporarily). I’ve tried TPE today and indeed, as previously stated, it seems to be offering no seat reservations (at least in the Southeast, on trains where I know that reservations are possible). It just says seat reservations not available for this service. And it comes up for any service I’ve tried.

If anybody knows of another method of doing this, please do let me know.
Just booked a standalone reservation on TPE for a non-TPE train. Actually easier than the old GWR site in my view.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,451
Location
Yorkshire
I’ll be gutted if this facility disappears completely; I commute 50 minutes by Cross Country into New Street a couple of times a week usually using a flexible season and without a reservation there’s little to no chance of a seat.
Why stand alone reservations aren’t more easily available I just don’t understand.
A ticket office would do it for a flexi season ticket holder, wouldn't they? I can't think why they wouldn't?
Yes, I'd expect a competent ticket office to do that. XC on Twitter may also do so.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I have been using GWR seat reservations in the past. Very disappointing that it’s no longer available (at least, perhaps, temporarily). I’ve tried TPE today and indeed, as previously stated, it seems to be offering no seat reservations (at least in the Southeast, on trains where I know that reservations are possible). It just says seat reservations not available for this service. And it comes up for any service I’ve tried.

If anybody knows of another method of doing this, please do let me know.
Is this for a season or a one-off ticket? If the latter, where did you buy it?

If bought from us, we may be able to help; let me know.

Failing that, there are helpful/open ticket offices that would do it; you just need to know where to find them. If you can say where would be convenient, I'm sure people could come up with suggestions.
 

bakerstreet

Member
Joined
29 Nov 2009
Messages
1,164
Location
-
Is this for a season or a one-off ticket? If the latter, where did you buy it?

If bought from us, we may be able to help; let me know.

Failing that, there are helpful/open ticket offices that would do it; you just need to know where to find them. If you can say where would be convenient, I'm sure people could come up with suggestions.
Thanks Yorkie. It was for a friend of mine (return half of SVR, plans changed and I said I’d do it for them). When my first attempt failed I searched just to see what reservations it might offer but was either doing something wrong or it didn’t like the reservable services I was experimenting with.
 

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Joined
14 Jan 2010
Messages
5,606
I'm not having any luck on the TPE site either though it is for a peak time service out of Paddington this evening so it may just not have any availability.

Edit - actually the app was fine, so no idea why their website was showing no reservations possible!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top