Robert Miller
New Member
- Joined
- 9 Dec 2015
- Messages
- 1
Please excuse me if this information is out there somewhere but I cannot find it online. I am possibly just a bear of very little brain!
I am curious about something I remember as a child (I was born in 1968).
I remember car and bus journeys (from Cirencester towards Swindon, presumably in the 1970s) where there were bus stops on the road near Cricklade/Blunsdon that were made out of GWR engine cabs. I do not remember when these disappeared but they are no longer there. Can anyone tell me which locos these cabs were from, when they were taken away, if they were scrapped or still exist somewhere, and if there are any photographs of them?
This is all probably very irrelevant now but it is a childhood memory that I would like to find out more about.
Thank you.
Robert
I am curious about something I remember as a child (I was born in 1968).
I remember car and bus journeys (from Cirencester towards Swindon, presumably in the 1970s) where there were bus stops on the road near Cricklade/Blunsdon that were made out of GWR engine cabs. I do not remember when these disappeared but they are no longer there. Can anyone tell me which locos these cabs were from, when they were taken away, if they were scrapped or still exist somewhere, and if there are any photographs of them?
This is all probably very irrelevant now but it is a childhood memory that I would like to find out more about.
Thank you.
Robert