• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Northern Delay Repay haven't got refund yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHW2024

New Member
Joined
6 Dec 2024
Messages
3
Location
Cambridge
Hi, I bought an adult and child travelcard on the 25th, and out train was cancelled and the next one was late by 21 mins too leading to a delay of over an hour. I misclicked on the child travelcard 30-59 mins and on the adult one I pressed 60-119 mins. Great Northern haven't been in contact with me since I submitted the claim at all. It just says on the app "Referred." Is this normal and how long will it take to be processed. Will they not refund me if I misclicked? Also do you know if the Delay Repay team work weekends or what hours they work? Thank you so much!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
44,414
Location
Yorks
I don't often apply for delay repay, but when I do it can take weeks.

Like getting blood out of a stone.

Don't expect anything quickly (if at all).
 

Sonic1234

Member
Joined
25 Apr 2021
Messages
795
Location
Croydon
Referred means the automated system can't work it out, so it's been sent to a human for review. This is what is taking the time.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
GTR are normally pretty good at dealing with Delay Repay. When a claim is 'referred' it just means they're getting a real human to look at it. Naturally this takes longer but you will get a decision for them but it can take a couple of weeks in my experience.
 

OscarH

Established Member
Joined
15 Sep 2020
Messages
1,293
Location
Crawley
Don't stress about the misclick either. It's a pointless exercise making you select your delay, they just ignore it and calculate it themselves anyway
 

NHW2024

New Member
Joined
6 Dec 2024
Messages
3
Location
Cambridge
Referred means the automated system can't work it out, so it's been sent to a human for review. This is what is taking the time.
Thank you! I wondered why this appeared!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Don't stress about the misclick either. It's a pointless exercise making you select your delay, they just ignore it and calculate it themselves anyway
Thx, I was worried that they may cancel it, thanks for your reassurance.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

GTR are normally pretty good at dealing with Delay Repay. When a claim is 'referred' it just means they're getting a real human to look at it. Naturally this takes longer but you will get a decision for them but it can take a couple of weeks in my experience.
Thank you! I is realy useful to know a time period thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top