Will we get rolling stock to match time/capacity/standard of journey?
I was on a course in Liverpool a few years ago. The tutor had changed onto a train at Birmingham to get there. He was bemused why he was on a cramped, commuter train with no facilities. Why not Intercity quality and standard? Good point!
I've sat on a 150 from Cornwall to Wales I the not too distant past. Unsuitable for a pleasant journey experience.
Northern - a bus seat with no leg room or a reasonable seat with table and legroom, could turn up on my routes.
Would be good to see Intercity comfort and standards, wherever the journey is. First class, meals, buffet and comfortable standard class. Inter-regional comfort and catering. Commuter and suburban comfort and high capacity.
Sounds a bit like INTERCITY, Regional Railways and a Metro Rail? (Like Germany?)
Loads of opportunities. Hopefully lots of new ideas