• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Coach F roped off seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

harz99

Member
Joined
14 Jul 2009
Messages
913
As far as I am aware it’s always been the case to having seats segregated off for crew PNBs.

Also to reiterate, the 8 seats in coach F are indeed for crew to take their breaks. Given the short turn around the crew currently have it’s unavoidable to have their breaks on trains.

It’s been raised many times and I know for ASLEF they are wanting to have discussions around this but as we know nothing is a quick fix on the railway.

Personally it’s not ideal but it’s very restrictive in having alternative arrangements.
How many daily workings does this happen on? I've travelled in F a few times from Kings Cross or York to Hartlepool and not noticed it.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

azOOOOOma

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2023
Messages
303
Location
Durham
I don’t think they’re able to use the cab or crumple zone this sitting on a saloon is the only option.
 

MP33

Member
Joined
19 Jun 2011
Messages
635
I watched a documentary about Australian railways. There, the crew have use of the front carriage. Obviously, trains are considerably longer than here and dropping crew off at a station. Would leave them out of use, until a return train arrives from a long distance away.
 

Simon75

On Moderation
Joined
25 May 2016
Messages
1,531
I watched a documentary about Australian railways. There, the crew have use of the front carriage. Obviously, trains are considerably longer than here and dropping crew off at a station. Would leave them out of use, until a return train arrives from a long distance away.
From a trip in Australia (Melbourne to Sydney) the crew swapped over at a border town

Back in England, ive seen crew change on one service ar Manchester Picadilly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top