Hi,
Today I’ve been caught by GWR inspector near barriers on London Paddington.
He asked me for my ticket which was applied as 16-17 saver discount (I’m 20) and was “short journey”. I was a bit scared so when he asked me a few questions I lied about some of them. He asked me from which station did I get here, and I said Reading, he asked how did I get through, I said that the barriers were open. Then he asked me to show the history of my Trainline account, and took photo. I had a 2 day trip to Bristol and Swansea, and used “short journeys” 3 times, during 2 days. He asked me for the rail card which I didn’t have. Also in my booking history I have 2 more cases of doing same thing in Norwich and Gillingham. I give him all the details and rejected to answer for the interview.
The inspector said that I WILL RECEIVE A LETTER WITH THE COURT DATE from 6 to 8 weeks. Is it 100% that my case will be directed to the court or I still might get chance for an ‘out of court’ offer.
Also I decided to delete my trainline account which I don’t now how will impact this situation.
Today I’ve been caught by GWR inspector near barriers on London Paddington.
He asked me for my ticket which was applied as 16-17 saver discount (I’m 20) and was “short journey”. I was a bit scared so when he asked me a few questions I lied about some of them. He asked me from which station did I get here, and I said Reading, he asked how did I get through, I said that the barriers were open. Then he asked me to show the history of my Trainline account, and took photo. I had a 2 day trip to Bristol and Swansea, and used “short journeys” 3 times, during 2 days. He asked me for the rail card which I didn’t have. Also in my booking history I have 2 more cases of doing same thing in Norwich and Gillingham. I give him all the details and rejected to answer for the interview.
The inspector said that I WILL RECEIVE A LETTER WITH THE COURT DATE from 6 to 8 weeks. Is it 100% that my case will be directed to the court or I still might get chance for an ‘out of court’ offer.
Also I decided to delete my trainline account which I don’t now how will impact this situation.