• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Going to Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

richieb1971

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2013
Messages
2,047
Booked a ticket to Japan in April 2018.

Visiting at least Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. Will be buying the £200 weekly pass for train travel including the Shinkaisen. Was wondering if there was an active station to see bullet trains at top speed along with some freight for an hour or two.

Thanks for your replies.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
While I have no useful advice, Kite159 has been but I suspect he may have only limited advice, I'm curious as to who you booked your flights with. Asking as I may be going next year.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,940
Location
Fenny Stratford
Booked a ticket to Japan in April 2018.

Visiting at least Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. Will be buying the £200 weekly pass for train travel including the Shinkaisen. Was wondering if there was an active station to see bullet trains at top speed along with some freight for an hour or two.

Thanks for your replies.

I have never been but my gf has ( and on a railway holiday!) I will ask where they went


Fukushima and Sendai see quite a few bullet trains. Don't know about freight though.

not sure you want to hang about Fukushima.................
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top