• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Future of TransPennine Express?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danbarjon

Member
Joined
6 Feb 2022
Messages
332
Location
West Lancashire
Just had an email off TransPennine Express saying a new website and app is coming soon. Does anyone have anymore information as to what they may use? If I had to guess would it be similar to LNER?

Update: I've had a look on their website and it appears it will be happening on the 9th of July. There is a very small preview of a different app before you click on the information page but it's too blurry to make out. Does look different to LNER's though.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BerkshireRails

On Moderation
Joined
4 Apr 2021
Messages
889
Location
United Kingdom
If I were TPE, I would order an extra.
31 5 car 802s, which would create a fleet of 50 802s and would allow for withdrawal of 397s to be moved to GWR to displace the IETs off Cardiff's.
60 4-6 car 110mph bi-mode units to replace the 185s.
The extra units from this order would allow for longer trains.
 

YorksLad12

Established Member
Joined
5 Feb 2020
Messages
2,717
Location
Leeds
Just had an email off TransPennine Express saying a new website and app is coming soon. Does anyone have anymore information as to what they may use? If I had to guess would it be similar to LNER?

Update: I've had a look on their website and it appears it will be happening on the 9th of July. There is a very small preview of a different app before you click on the information page but it's too blurry to make out. Does look different to LNER's though.
Same here. I usually book via the app, so slightly nervous they'll mess it it up

Apart from the seat reservations section, I hope it isn't too similar to LNER's - the fares selection, anyway. I went in there yesterday to check on tickets for late September, Leeds-London, and only got a choice of one Standard or First fare for each leg, rather than the usual Advances. I don't want that to be the way things go!
 

danbarjon

Member
Joined
6 Feb 2022
Messages
332
Location
West Lancashire
Same here. I usually book via the app, so slightly nervous they'll mess it it up

Apart from the seat reservations section, I hope it isn't too similar to LNER's - the fares selection, anyway. I went in there yesterday to check on tickets for late September, Leeds-London, and only got a choice of one Standard or First fare for each leg, rather than the usual Advances. I don't want that to be the way things go!
It doesn't appear to be the same app as LNERs, but I am hoping they add seat selections. It will be interesting to see what they have gone for and how the website will look as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top