• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fgw 158

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Just had a LOVELY journey onboard a FGW 158- sure it was 2 coaches but luckily for me was comfortably full. The seats were so soft and comfortable and even the air con was working for once! made me forget the lack of seat tables I have moaned about before!!

I always expected these units to be packed after Chichester but most school kids opted to remain for a southern service they are more comfortable with!!

Does this service have a good future (brighton) I heard at one time the afternoon service would be lengthened to 3 coaches (good news) but another time I heard this service would would be axed?

Think the train came from Cheltenham but the late evening run takes it to Worcester. Pretty sure the morning service goes to Great Malvern
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheWalrus

Established Member
Joined
6 Oct 2008
Messages
2,070
Location
UK
FGW don't want to get rid of it, so it's staying for the foreseeable future.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
lol money maker is it
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Was wondering why the 15:11 (from Havant to Brighton) FGW service is followed by a Southern service to Brighton only three minutes later also non stop to Chichester...

Surely the FGW would be better as the 15:15 because these trains are only two coaches and often become packed.

Todays was a 150!!

I assume that was because they pull out whatever stock is avaliable and don't designate a specific unit to the infrequent Brighton services?

This is one rare example of competition? I opted to wait for the comfortable and empty 4 coach electrostar
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top