• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fantasy: Power car on both ends on a IC225 set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themiller

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2011
Messages
1,382
Location
Cumbria, UK
The principle here is, I imagine, the same as with any 'super-power' formations - there is more power (more or less double with a 91 at each end) to overcome wind resistance at high speeds so that may add a little, but the governing issue for top speed will always be the gearing of the traction. A 91 has got to 162mph (I think) and I don't know if that was re-geared specially. The acceleration would be far greater, of course.
I believe that the wheelsets were new so maximum diameter and the rake of coaches had been reduced for that run.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top