• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

facing court twice for the same journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartyoung

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2016
Messages
41
Does the UFN not have details of the train you were on? If it does please tell us what it says.
As previously stated the ufn was issued at 0730 on the train ID IE04 std considering it is hand written, at a quick glance total due £145.50 amount owing £140.50 received -:- (zero)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,809
Have you considered that i may have writing disabilities? Which also highly likely to be exacerbated by lack of sleep.
Have you considered that people reading this forum know nothing about you or your circumstances other than what you tell us?
 

stuartyoung

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2016
Messages
41
That train didn't exist on the date you travelled, it was a Glasgow starter then.

As I said, I am discounting that train as nine minutes is simply not long enough for what you said happened: you got off the Perth train, had to get through the ticket barrier (with no ticket), walk to the VTEC office, even at minutes to seven you'd likely have to wait to be served, explain what it is you need, have the guy explain what could/couldn't be done, get the CS number and get to the train.

In nine minutes? I'm not calling you a liar, just suggesting that your recollection of events may not be complete. Especially given that, in your initial telling, you had some 20 to 30 minutes at Edinburgh, this has now been reduced to less than half of that.
to be fair I stated i arrived at waverly ticket office around 0630, I did not know the times of the trains and also not knowing what time I arrived at peterborough. I have edited posts with information gathered since this thread has been going. But have made no attempt to adjust my original post, unless it was grammer or typos etc
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
I will not apologise again for my writing capabilities. I had redeemed 255 points for the said free journey and then 252/3 points left. I have used about four other redeemed tickets previously.


considering that this thread has turned into the spanish inquisition and therefore a witch hunt, I have been reluctant to answer a so called simple question. Though I have put the facts, to the best of my recollection. Have you considered that i may have writing disabilities? Which also highly likely to be exacerbated by lack of sleep.

Difficulties with writing, including that which is caused by disability, can certainly lead to confusion being created where none was intended. But neither that, nor a lack of sleep, is a valid reason for refusing to answer questions on a thread that you have started yourself in order to receive advice.

To put it as simply as I can, because of the things that you are constantly referring to that aren't related to the core issues here, I am confused as to what you want. No one can give you meaningful advice if you don't co-operate be providing the information that's needed. Lack of a phone signal, unfamiliarity with a phone, a dislike of using ATM's, a lack of sleep, difficulties in writing and a number of other irrelevant matter shave been introduced, seemingly as a way of avoiding the central problem, which is that you made a conscious decision to board a train without a valid ticket and you have not paid the UPFN's that you were issued.

Whatever reasons you have for coming to that decision doesn't matter. You have outstanding debts that will influence the position that you are in as a result of your poor decision. Do you want assistance in dealing with whatever position that is, or not?

If you do, then that's what this thread needs to focus on. If not, that's your prerogative but it's pointless continuing with any discussion if that's the case. If the thread stays open you'll only feel more aggrieved at the questioning unless or until you provide some answers.
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,144
Location
Redcar
IHave you considered that i may have writing disabilities? Which also highly likely to be exacerbated by lack of sleep.

So not only are is the userbase a collection of witch hunters, they also need to be psychic ones at that.

Don't forget that you came here for advice. Constant obstruction of the facts required to give that advice leads me to believe you aren't interested in any advice whatsoever.
 

stuartyoung

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2016
Messages
41
I'm afraid I have to agree with Darandio at this point.

You're under no obligation to answer the question as to why you haven't paid the UPFN's you were issued, why you decided to jump on a train at Edinburgh without a ticket to travel, nor anything else, but if you don't the whole thread seems rather pointless.

If you have nothing further to add that is relevant, stuartyoung, I'm quite happy to shut this thread down, as it's going nowhere.

The thread title was facing two court cases for the same journey. I am very thankful for all the comments. I have not lied at all during this thread.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
I'm closing the thread now. If you want it reopened for any reason, stuartyoung, please send me or one of the other staff members a Private Message (PM).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top