xris456
New Member
Hi there ,
I am posting here as I really need an advice .
I’ve been stopped with expired railcard which I did not realise and I have been travelling like this for the past 6 months.
I am really worried I have two children to look after I do not want to go to prison. They want evidence for periods I no longer hold. I have already purchase a new travel card.
I am happy to pay any penalty.
This is honest mistake from my side.
What would you advise please?
I have received an email with the following :
“Further investigations into this matter have been carried out, including a review of the ticket records. It would appear, at this stage, that this may be a case of fraud. West Midlands Trains take travel fraud extremely seriously and is committed to prosecuting all cases of fare evasion to the full extent of the law. Travelling on the railway with the intent to avoid paying the full fare is an offence under the Regulation of Railways Act 1889. Such an offence carries a maximum fine of £1,000 and/or three months’ imprisonment and, in either case, a criminal record. It must also be considered whether this matter amounts to a much more serious offence under the Fraud Act 2006.
At this stage we would be grateful if you would provide any evidence to support the claim that none of the above legislation has been contravened to prevent further action being contemplated.”
I am posting here as I really need an advice .
I’ve been stopped with expired railcard which I did not realise and I have been travelling like this for the past 6 months.
I am really worried I have two children to look after I do not want to go to prison. They want evidence for periods I no longer hold. I have already purchase a new travel card.
I am happy to pay any penalty.
This is honest mistake from my side.
What would you advise please?
I have received an email with the following :
“Further investigations into this matter have been carried out, including a review of the ticket records. It would appear, at this stage, that this may be a case of fraud. West Midlands Trains take travel fraud extremely seriously and is committed to prosecuting all cases of fare evasion to the full extent of the law. Travelling on the railway with the intent to avoid paying the full fare is an offence under the Regulation of Railways Act 1889. Such an offence carries a maximum fine of £1,000 and/or three months’ imprisonment and, in either case, a criminal record. It must also be considered whether this matter amounts to a much more serious offence under the Fraud Act 2006.
At this stage we would be grateful if you would provide any evidence to support the claim that none of the above legislation has been contravened to prevent further action being contemplated.”