• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Expert witness for Routing and Passenger Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
The criminal age of responsibility is ten and the railway byelaws make it an offence not to have a valid ticket.

If a ten year old is expected to grasp the principles of valid tickets and risks being made a criminal by failing to understand them, I fail to see how railway servants and managers can rely on 'mistakes' as a defence
when they breach the Railway Byelaws and other legislation.

Because when you sue the railway you agree to the T&Cs and bylaws of the railway. No wif you can find anything in those same T&Cs and bylaws which say that TOCs and managers and staff can not make mistakes and the punter can then take them to court because of it the n please do show me.

The TOC are trying to defend my claim against them as they say it was a 'mistake' and they took all reasonable precautions and exercised all due diligence to avoid the occurrence of the prohibited practice.

So they have admitted they made a mistake and you continue to pursue this? Whilst im no legal beagle I simply cannot see this ending well for you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

319321

Member
Joined
13 Apr 2013
Messages
318
I'm not responding to any posts offering generic opinions about the case.

34D- What is this 'Network Rail' becoming a public authority issue' of which you speak?

I was always under the impression that a platform was accessible to a member of the public unless it was a compulsory ticket area, marked as private / sealed off etc or they were forbidden from being there by the railway byelaws?
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
I'm not responding to any posts offering generic opinions about the case.

34D- What is this 'Network Rail' becoming a public authority issue' of which you speak?

I was always under the impression that a platform was accessible to a member of the public unless it was a compulsory ticket area, marked as private / sealed off etc or they were forbidden from being there by the railway byelaws?

Railways are private property and this was a bit more enforced when privatisation happened but 34D is alluding to NR now being back on the Govt books as to whether the 'private property' bit still stands.

Lets be honest though it doesn't even have to be a CTA for us not to allow you on to the railway.
 

319321

Member
Joined
13 Apr 2013
Messages
318
This thread is to do with the issues that I uploaded here - the moderators created its own thread. As this matter is now before the courts, I will not be posting further detailed information (I may describe the issues in more detail if it will help me find an appropriate expert). I have had further discussions and have further evidence I can use that I am sure forum members will find interesting, but please understand why I am not posting it in a public forum at this time. ainsworth74, a forum moderator has also asked forum members to remain on topic.

I am aware that some people want to offer opinions on my case, and do so all you want when I post further details, but please keep this (and any other threads I create) on topic. I will not respond to any posts that simply offer an opinion of me and/or my case.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Just to add that if anyone has any suggestions for industry experts to contact, or would be happy to nominate themselves, please send the OP a PM. (You need to have a minimum of 5 posts to send PMs. If you don't have the facility, please speak to a forum administrator, but not a moderator.)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Reopened for the OP to update and further discussion. Please try and stay on topic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top