• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar to London question

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Hello all,

On Saturday I'll be doing my first E* trip from Brussels to STP. Just wondering, if I need the buffet, does it accept euro's and pounds? Just wondering if it was like the Dover ferry, where if you pay in euro's they give you change in pounds (or the one I was on did!)

Can you wonder to each end of the set to see what set's I'm bashing? I suspect they'd get funny if you wandered off to the front to see what the front half set is?


Any help appreciated :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2011
Messages
8,589
Location
Birmingham
Hello all,

On Saturday I'll be doing my first E* trip from Brussels to STP. Just wondering, if I need the buffet, does it accept euro's and pounds? Just wondering if it was like the Dover ferry, where if you pay in euro's they give you change in pounds (or the one I was on did!)

It does. Prices are in € and £ although I don't know how "fair" the exchange rate is. Not sure if they give change in sterling I'm afraid.

Can you wonder to each end of the set to see what set's I'm bashing? I suspect they'd get funny if you wandered off to the front to see what the front half set is?


Any help appreciated :)

No idea :((
 

starrymarkb

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
5,985
Location
Exeter
Sets are matched pairs so (37)3001/3002 work together etc. If you can find out one you'll have the other.
 

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
That's what I thought, I was talking about that to someone before who said they couldn't get to the end to see the number at Paris or something like that, and I said are they not in sequence but apparently they are supposed to be but could easily get swapped round (no idea if it's a regular occurance) or if spare 3999 is also used
 

steamybrian

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2010
Messages
2,003
Location
Kent
It does. Prices are in € and £ although I don't know how "fair" the exchange rate is. Not sure if they give change in sterling I'm afraid.
No idea :((

I confirm also that you can pay in either euros or pounds. They will give you change only in the same currency as you paid originally.
From what I remember the last time I travelled was that the exchange rate was moderate it could be better could be worse.
My suggestion would be to shop around now for the best deal and obtain your euros before you travel.
 

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Just wondered in case I don't have any Euro's left! :lol:

I've got my 200 Euros from the travel agents at a rate to 1.21, down from 1.26 when I last checked. I'm leaving tomorrow, though I'm not too sure if 200 is enough for a week in Germany/Holland/Belgium (travel and hotels are paid for) so might top up tomorrow

Thanks for the help guys :)
 

Temple Meads

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2010
Messages
2,283
Location
Devon
To be honest I've seen lots of 'pre departure' and 'post arrival' pictures at St Pancras, so you should you be okay taking a wander.
 
Last edited:
Joined
15 Sep 2008
Messages
105
Location
Royston, Herts
When in Paris last year on a day trip, I wandered up to the end of the platform to the front of the E* we were returning to STP on to take a couple of pictures before we left, a guy rushed out of a little hut on the platform and started gesticulating wildley and shouting in French. Fearing for my camera and myself I made a hasty retreat back into the train.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Just dont buy Kronenburg as it was the small can size I had last week and they charged an arm and leg for it!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top